Thursday, August 20, 2009

CSA Week 14 & GOOD FOOD

So the party is over...the balloons have all deflated...the cake is dried up and nasty in our fridge (but we are still eating it) so it is time to get back to regular life. A life that is pretty great, if I do say so myself...it is good to be all married off and feel the security and overwhelming love that comes with that. And it is also good to start thinking about the Honeymoon to Greece coming up soon...but more on that later.

Now back to CSA Food - Week 14...almost missed this week too because we were over at the hotel and then entertaining guests at our house during CSA Pick up hours...luckily we remembered at the last minute and Mark ran over to snag these great veggies:



We got: Potatoes, Big Tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Peppers, Garlic, Corn, Shallots, Crazy looking speckled beans (red & white but look like green beans) Okra, some type of Squash and flowers.

We also got a BUNCH of Zucchini from our friends Larry & Jodi..........so Wednesday night was ZUCCHINI NIGHT!! I made mom's famous Zucchini Casserole, but I peeled too many zucchini.......so I also made....Zucchini Cakes (photos below)




Here is a photo of my zucchini cake with a little remoulade sauce...pretty yummy!!!




Only one more zucchini to go!!
Kris




No comments: