Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Health Care Reform Bill

I read it...okay...scanned it...it is almost 2000 pages long. A lot of it is in government mumbo jumbo or medical mumbo jumbo that I do not understand...but here is a summary I found:

http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf

LOWER COSTS
No more co-pays or deductibles for preventive care
No more rate increases for pre-existing conditions, gender, or occupation
An annual cap on your out-of-pocket expenses
Group rates of a national pool if you buy your own plan
Guaranteed, affordable oral, hearing, and vision care for your kids

GREATER CHOICE
Keep your doctor, and your current plan, if you like them
More choice, with a high quality public health insurance option competing with private insurers

HIGHER QUALITY
You and your doctors make health care decisions — not insurance companies
More family doctors and nurses will enter the workforce, helping guarantee access
Mental health care must be covered

STABILITY & PEACE OF MIND
No more coverage denials for pre-existing conditions
(love this!!)
No more lifetime limits on how much insurance companies will pay
No reason to ever make a job or life decision again based on health care coverage


I think that what a lot of the opponents to this bill are missing is that the Public Option is just that...AN OPTION...Big Brother Government is not going to show up at your door and tell you that you can only buy their health insurance. If you love Anthem...stick with Anthem...but now it might be cheaper because they have to actually COMPETE for your business...what a concept.

Yes...it will be expensive to start...but pointless wars are more expensive...

Anyway...all I want to know is WHEN CAN I SIGN UP???

Kris

No comments: