Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Becoming a Collector


I suddenly have a very nice little collection of handmade pottery...it has appeared out of nowhere. Okay...not nowhere...it is from the Becknells and the pieces were bought over the last 5 years from their trips to Tennessee. They are all BEAUTIFUL and totally things that I would have bought for myself.


Right now I have a Alewine Pottery Blue glazed Vase with leaf pattery, two green & tan glazed mugs with the leaf pattery, & a green & tan glazed plate that matches the mugs. I also have Judy Jones Pottery Chip & Dip bowl with plate & a casserole Dish in the Earth Tones glaze.


The vase is on the mantle & looks great. But Mark & I are working on finding a location to properly display the other artwork. We are thinking that we will buy some dish holder thingee to prop them up on the top of our kitchen cabinets. They are just to pretty to be in boxes. I do use them, but because no one ever comes over to our house anymore for parties, they don't see sunlight enough. But I totally love them and maybe will have to make a pilgrimage to Gatlinburg to visit these craftsmen.


Kris

1 comment:

Matt said...

I like them! I got a couple of cool mugs in Carolina that I LOVE to drink my morning coffee out of. I like handmade pottery.

And.. if you invite them, they will come.... :)