Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Craving Veggies!!!


http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M23951

Still over a month until our new CSA begins. We signed up with Eaton Farms (of Madison, IN) this year and I cannot believe how excited I am to start.

Last year was just the excitement of doing something new and not fully knowing what a CSA was until we got our first basket. Now I know what it is and I am even more excited. Add to that the fact that Mark & I have only been eating potatoes, carrots, meat & pasta for 4 months and it makes it even more necessary from a variety point of view. I probably have ricketts or some other deficiency disorder from lack of nutrients (not really...I take vitamins.) My tastebuds are BORED with the status quo. They need red peppers, green onions, beans, and TOMATOES!!! I cannot wait!!
Maybe the warm weather & sunshine will speed up the growing season so that I can start eating like an omnivore again.
Kris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm excited too!!!!!!!!!!!!