
CSA Week 4 we recieved: Strawberries, Sugar Snap Peas, Leaf Lettuce, Spring Mix Lettuce, Arugula, Cauliflower, Swiss Chard, Garlic Scapes, & 6 Eggs.
We bought some broccoli and another pint of Sugar Snap Peas because they were the star of the show this week. I washed, trimmed, blanched & froze them. Look how pretty they are:
Can't wait to unfreeze and use in a stir-fry. YUM!!!We were unable to get our weekly Blue Oven Bakery bread because it has been overrun with Yuppies. We arrived right at 9:30am and there was a line to the parking lot for the bread guy. I am glad that so many people are interested in quality made bread, but it kind of is a bummer that we can't get it now...they sell out in a half an hour. So I will need to research another place to get bread so that we don't have to resort to grocery store bread like this week.
A few weeks ago I did something really out of character for me...I baked. I found a recipe to make brownies from scratch in my Penzey's Spice catalog. I made them and they are AWESOME!!! I am usually the worst baker, but I am pretty sure these are no-fail...unless you forget to put in the flour like...MARK!!!
As you can see they look very tasty...and gone:
Kris
No comments:
Post a Comment