Wednesday, August 11, 2010

How Great Thou Art!


I am so proud to be the caretaker/owner of this beautiful piece of art by the talented and lovely, Laura Mavridoglou. It is entitled "Skyphos" and is a big guy - 4ft x 4ft. I Googled the name and it refers to a category of ancient Greek pottery - A two handled deep wine cup sometimes with a low flanged base. This seems even more appropriate for a painting for Mark & I...ya know...since we are alchoholics :) And I love that Laura brought the Greek heritage of her new family...makes it even more personal.
We are planning to display the painting in our bedroom - either over the bed or on the large wall on the Blaney side of the house. The colors complement the other design choices we have made and bring in the groovy green color that Mark wants to be the color of a reading chair in the corner. Perfect!!!
Thank you to Laura for parting with one of your "babies"...you can visit any time and we can drink some wine from a Skyphos.
Kris

1 comment:

Matt said...

Love it! Congrats on getting one of her painting. I was happy to unwrap mine again and put them up in the new house... it's amazing how art can influence moods... enjoy!