Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Step in to the Past...


People who knew me in high school and college know that my footwear of choice was either a pair of khaki Simple shoes or various colors of Converse Chuck Taylors. I had Red ones, Black ones, Blue ones, Dark Green ones, and I was ever in search of Yellow High Top ones (never located...this was pre-internet of course.)

I was inspired recently by Nick Mavridoglou and his purchase of cool gray colored converse sneakers...so I went online and found Chucks in my current go-to color of green (named Piquant Green...fancy.) (And a side note: I purchased these via eBates.com, I got a good price, free shipping and 3% cash back.)

When I put these on yesterday...it was just like looking at my high school feet...same size 9 as way back then. (Converse sizing is weird...normally take a women's size 10, but for some reason....size 9 Chucks are perfect.)

These shoes are as close to a reflection of the inner me as mere shoes can be.

Kris

5 comments:

Matt said...

i like the picture

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Nice photo...nice color. I became a HUGE fan again. They are fantastic shoes...but I was sorely depressed by the price of them now. I remember I could get them back in highschool for about $20...they just over twice that now!

well, I wear mine constantly and I'd love to have a different color pair, just to spice things up.

Bill said...

When I was in high school, we didn't have fancy shoes. We had to catch two groundhogs and teach them to wrap their stubby little arms around our feet. And we loved it!!

Schatzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Schatzy said...

I am a huge fan.

I always wanted a pair in high school and never got them. I now have several in different flavors (my two favorites are the hemp and the camo).

They sell 'em cheap at Fred Meyer in Portland, but that means you have to come visit again...