
Yesterday, I finally got around to making sauce with my 10 bags of frozen tomatoes from the last year's garden. It was a fairly simple process but also time consuming. It involved standing around the stove for several hours stiring and tasting. It would have been out of the question to make this in the hot summer...so I can justify my procrastination with that :) So basically I cored & peeled the tomatoes, boiled them down to a sauce consistancy with the olive oil and seasonings, & ran the sauce through the food mill. We then put the finished sauce back into plastic bags and froze for future use in 2 cup portions. We got 6 bags of sauce. The food mill is awesome!! It totally filtered out the seeds but still left a nice tomatoey consistancy to the sauce. Thanks Mom & Dad for the great gift!!!! Here is the finished sauce prior to bagging:

Yum! Kris
No comments:
Post a Comment