Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Cookbook Time Capsule!!

Isn't that the name of that movie where John Cusack throws away a once prosperous career to appear in a movie about Hot Tubs and the 80's??? No...I actually have a cookbook time capsule in my very kitchen. I picked it up at my Grandpa Moomy's house before it was all cleared out. It had a lot of homemade recipes using real ingredients, so I snagged it. Little did I know that it had some Moomy family history tucked in the pages.


The first one I found was a telegram from my Great Grandfather, Harry E Moomy. He is talking about my Grandpa, Great Aunt Betty, & Great Aunt Josephine (not Josephone)...but I don't know what the circumstances are. Mom? Uncle Dave??



The second one is a wedding congratulations card...signed by someone named Marie. Not sure whose wedding it was for, but it is cute and kitschy with references to magazine names.



And the cookbook itself is a time capsule too...filled with Terrines, Loafs, & gelatin molds. Crazy times back then...but at least there was no High Fructose Corn Syrup :)

Kris















3 comments:

Mike said...

That's really cool! You should Skype Grandpa to see if he can help fill in the blanks.

Matt said...

Love it - especially the telegram. I don't know that I've ever seen a telegram in any of our family stuff.

good food + family history = gofogamistory

Kris Becknell said...

Gofogamistory to your momma too, Matt Smith!!!

Kris