Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Viva Culebra!!


So Mark & I are back from Culebra, PR...a little island that we never knew exsisted...just off the coast of Puerto Rico. 

I have never been to a place that was so easy to relax or an place that fit what I picture in my head as "paradise".  There was just enough "civilization" to be eat & drink well when we wanted to (I mean come on...an Organic Sandwich Shoppe!!!) but also deserted enough to get away from most everyone also.  All we had to do was pack our beach gear and head to Tamarindo or Zoni for the day with a cooler of water & beer...and our organic turkey & pesto sandwiches!  Then when it got too hot...headed into town for a tropical drink.  Then back to our place for a nap/reading/songwriting before a yummy dinner.  Wake when the sun came up...Sleep when the sun went down...

Sure it was third-worldy with chickens and stray dogs/cats everywhere...and sure sometimes not speaking Spanish was an obstacle (uno mas cerveza, por favor!) but after you got used to it...that was part of the charm.  Enough like home - since it was the good old USA for currency, etc.  - but enough like a foreign land to be foreign.

I am having a REALLY hard time adjusting to being home.  Not just the weather...it is pretty warm & sunny in Cincinnati this week...but just having to worry again...having to keep the house clean again...having to drive on a freeway again.  I do not giggle while driving on the freeway - ever!

But perhaps most people feel the same let down after a vacation...mine just feels more like an ache...like I am missing where I belong...

Poor me...back to work!

Kris

No comments: