Thursday, July 24, 2014

Advocare 24 Day Challenge - GOALS


Mark and I are leaving for vacation down on Ocracoke Island in the Outer Banks, NC next week.  The members of The Queen City Silver Stars - with wives and children in tow - will be invading the small island town to spread the joy of the steel band music for the tourists (and to get tan, be drunk and make a bunch of money!!)

We had goals of being skinny and bikini ready for this trip.  Well...I am happy to say that I am officially down 12.6 lbs as of this morning - at 168lbs.  We started trimming on May 16th, so about 10 weeks at approx. 1.26 lbs per week - YIPPEE!!  I feel skinnier and think I look pretty good in my bathing suit.  Ocracoke here I come!  Need to tan this white Ohio booty!!

Immediately upon our return, we are going to jump into Phase II - The Advocare 24 Day Challenge.  Mark has hit a roadblock at 220 and I still have about 10 lbs to lose to get back to "Pre-Cincinnati" weight of around 158 lbs.  So we need this to jump start our weight loss.

As a means of measuring success of Phase II - I unearthed my favorite "Pre-Cincinnati" pants - That's right, it says SIZE 10!!!  I wore these pants the night Mark traveled up to Lakewood, OH in August 2005 and we saw each other again for the first time since 1998 - about 7 years.  I guess I looked foxy enough in these pants to ensnare his heart again after all that time, so I held on to them :)



BUT...this is what I look like in these pants now...I can't even get them buttoned!!!  (Although I am amazed that they fit over my thighs & hips at all!)


So Phase II starts August 5th and runs through August 28th.  I will get into these pants, button them and re-ensnare Mark's heart all over again (not like I have lost it or anything).

AND...we also have a photographer scheduled to take our first ever professional couples pictures together...so we can't be fat for these photos.  Even more motivation!!
Stay Tuned!

No comments: