Thursday, February 25, 2016

155 lbs!!!



So we are 3 months into "back on the wagon after Oktoberfest" and I am happy to report that I am currently 155 lbs!!  That was my 2nd tier goal weight (after the original 160 goal)!!

I am also a SIZE 6!! WHAT?!?  I have been buying/wearing the same dress pant brand from Macy's throughout this journey so I feel that I can really compare apples to apples.  I started as a Size 14...had a Size 10 in the closet that I had leftover.  Had to buy a Size 8 when I hit 160 and NOW...SIZE 6 and they aren't tight even!

I could not be more amazed and proud of the success we are seeing.  I don't feel like we are being too extreme with working out or eating bean sprouts, but it is totally working.  We have gone a bit more extreme to get Mark's Cholesterol level down before his 4 month re-check with the doctor, but still manageable.

For any that care...here is our routine & some of our Food Plan:

Workout at 6am on Monday, Wednesday & Friday

  • 15-20 minutes on the Eliptical - keeping strides/min at about 140-150
  • 20 minutes of abs & leg moves - we like exercises that have funny names...
    • Crunchy Frog
    • Twisty Mountain Climbers
    • Wood Choppers
    • Russian Twists
    • Sumo Lunges
    • Downward Dog Abs
    • Bird Dogs
  • Then we walk around the track until we have to go get ready for work.
Food wise...        
To Lower Cholesterol:
Eat Oatmeal, Beans & Lentils – Add in Chia Seeds – for boost of Omega 3 and Fiber

·         Take Red Yeast Rice supplement
·         Eat Walnuts, Almonds & Flaxseeds
·         Eat whey protein – add to smoothies with fruit for breakfast?
·         Add Apple Cider Vinegar to water – 2 tbsp per day
·         Cut down on:
o   Red Meat
o   Fatty meats (sausage, etc.)
o   Dairy Products
§  Butter
§  Cheese
§  Milk/cream
§  Egg Yolks – only egg whites!

o   Alcohol

Ideal Shopping List

Coffee

Ground Turkey
Ground Chicken
Chicken
Sausage
Bacon

Pizza crust
Noodles or Pasta
Tortillas
Pita/Pita Chips
Tortillas
Falafel

Shredded Cheese
Sour Cream
Cottage Cheese
Eggs
Half & Half
Parmesan Cheese

Pesto
Hummus
Olives
Pickles
Sauerkraut
Beets

Salsa
Tomato Sauce
Canned Tomatoes
Chicken Broth
Black Beans
Pinto Beans
Chickpeas
Brown Rice
Quinoa
Oats
Peanut Butter
Cashews
Lemon Juice

Avocado
Corn
Tomato
Onion
Mushrooms
Lettuce
Cucumber
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Jalapenos
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots
Celery
Zucchini
Butternut Squash
Sweet Potatoes

No comments: