Monday, August 24, 2009

Next Step: The Family Truckster

Mark and I bought the family car camping tent: The Kelty Green River 4...it arrives via UPS today. Technically it is only a 4 person tent, but it is 9'x9' and also a 5'11" height...so basically I could park my car in it.
I guess this is a step in the "Family Planning" direction. We already have 2 dogs...so our tiny 2 person backpacking tent was not going to cut it. But now with this huge tent, we can put the poochies outside in the screen room...and maybe 2 kids in the inside with us?? EVENTUALLY, mom...don't start freaking out yet :)
But I am excited to try out the tent and see how Zep is at camping...maybe we can go this weekend...Mark doesn't have any gigs for a change.
UPDATE:
We set this up in the backyard last night...and it isn't as big as we thought. It is definately big...but not "park the car in it" big. I love that you can stand up completely...that is a new thing for me...not crouching over to crawl in. The rain fly is a little challenging though and take a little bit to set up & tear down. Other than that...looking forward for the test run this weekend.
Kris

2 comments:

Bill said...

Camping It's in tents!!

Kris Becknell said...

I'm a wigwam, I'm a tee pee, I'm a wigwam, I'm a tee pee...I'm two tents!!

Kris