Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Mother Lode!!!

I think I may have just figured out how to completely go local...and never have to go to Biggs or Kroger again:

http://www.cincinnati.farmfreshdelivery.com/

This company, based out of Indiana, coordinates with local IN, OH, & KY farmers, cheesemakers, bakers, pasta makers, etc to run a "CSA" like business for more than just veggies.

You sign up online to get a weekly basket (based on # of people in family) of seasonal local vegetables & fruits and they deliver to your house every Wednesday. You can add bread, eggs, grass-fed beef, pesto, milk, bulk local dried beans, pickles, free-trade local roasted coffee, etc to your weekly delivery. And it is ALL LOCAL and seasonal!!

They basically do all the hard work of researching and gathering these products from around the area and BRING THEM TO YOU!! How awesome is that!!

You sign up, create a "Standing Order" - minimum of $35 a week (or every other week or once a month...whatever you pick), modify the order as needed, and are able to suspend the order as needed.

I sort of wish I had found this before buying the side of beef & the new CSA, but perhaps I will just use their website as a resource for local companies and see if I can get as good of a deal.

The best thing that I found on the website is a local mill that produces locally grown Organic, non-bleached wheat flour!!! SO EXCITED!!! That basically means that I can make my own bread & pasta with local flour...that was a big hurdle to overcome...yeah!!!

Check it out!
Kris

No comments: