One way that I know to combat cabin fever in these dark days of winter is to make plans for better times ahead.To that end, I have begun to plan a big trip to Isle Royale. We are thinking a week long backpacking trip at the end of August. It takes approximately 13 hours to drive up to where the ferry takes off and then another 2 hours to get to the island. We might stop off in Madison, WI to check out Mark's old stomping grounds and to break up the driving part of the trip into two more leisurely days.

Once we get to the island, there are many fantastic routes available. The one that sounds like it is going to work for us is the Feldtman Ridge Trail. It is a 30.3 mile loop...which we could easily spread out or power through as we feel up to.
There are campsites & water scattered along the trail. Lakes, Bays, Moose, Swamps, etc abound.

Just thinking about camping & being outdoors makes my heart happy. Add in some moose snuggling and I am as high as a kite. Can't wait for summer!!
Kris
No comments:
Post a Comment