Monday, April 19, 2010

Ode to a Plastic Bowl




I have recently been in search of a large bowl so that I can successfully (& cleanly) mix my pizza dough recipe. This recipe makes 8 pizza dough circles and requires 5 lbs of unbleached flour...so you can understand why a small mixing bowl is not going to cut it for mixing & kneading. So I searched Antique stores trying to re-purpose something. I then searched IKEA to find something cheap since this will most likely be a uni-taskers (I hate uni-taskers). And finally I turned to my friend, The Internet, to help me find the perfect bowl. And Voila - THE TUPPERWARE 42 Cup MEGA BOWL. Complete with little handles and a lid. This will be great for when I make Pasta Salad for the a football stadium full of people!!! It is HUGE.
So I made my pizza dough and it worked like a champ! It is very non-stick which is good when kneading fairly wet dough. It had room to spare when I added the flour, water & yeast. I was able to knead right in the bowl instead of transferring to my cutting board. Love it.
Here is a snapshot of the bounty that I made this past Saturday night = Pizza Dough, French Dressing & Chocolate Syrup. Not as exciting as going clubbing...but that is okay. I am too old for that anyway :)


Kris

4 comments:

Becky Schatz said...

How do you make chocolate syrup? Reading your blog makes me happy. I heart food. :0)

Kris Becknell said...

Hi Becky...I can e-mail you the recipe...it is super easy and no High Fructose Corn Syrup - unlike Hershey's. Their Organic choco syrup is no HFCS, but it is expensive. This is just water, sugar & cocoa powder.

Kris

Matt said...

BigA$$ Bowl!!!! Love it!

Becky Schatz said...

Thanks Kris, I'd like that! Still trying to plan a trip to Cinci this year - hopefully summer so we can go camping or something fun like that. We miss you guys...