So from this Sunday's CSA...we got: A Lebanese Zucchini, summer squash, green beans, cucumbers, zuchini, green onions, garlic, Swiss Chard, eggs, 6 ears of corn and a Pattypan Squash (for those Farmvillers out there...a real Pattypan Squash...how cute!!)
We also got to harvest our first cherry tomatoes from out garden. We bought the plants at the Cincinnati Flower show from a Heritage Seed company and the plant was called, "Mexican Midget Cherry Tomatoes." I wanted small tomatoes so that we could have Greek Salad all summer, but I had no idea they would be THAT small. I took the picture with a penny for scale - YIKES!!! But they are delicious!!! A burst of tomato-y goodness.
For some reason also this year was a good one for my Hydrangea bushes. This is the first time since we moved in 3 years ago that we got flowers and such BEAUTIFUL big flowers. We didn't do anything differently...I think they just loved the wet weather and then the hot weather of our early summer.
Kris

No comments:
Post a Comment