So I went to their website (which is super cool) picked a fruit & veggie bin for 2 people (Small), added Milk, Eggs, & Artisan Whole Wheat bread to my Standing Order. During the week I decided that we also needed chicken & ground turkey...so I added that to our week's order.
It arrived yesterday on our front porch by the time I came home from work in two big insulated bins.

Inside one of the bins were the groceries items: Snowville Creamery Milk, Red Sun Eggs, Scholars Inn Whole Wheat bread, Gunthrop Farms chicken breasts and ground turkey. Still very cold or frozen as intended...wrapped up in these cool freezer bag thingees.

In the other bin was the "Small Fruit & Veggie" items (the CSA part): Organic Fruit - Grapes, Oranges, Strawberries, and Apples. Organic Veggies - Corn, Collard Greens, Broccoli, Green pepper, Gigantic Beets, Sweet Potatoes, and (oh no) more Cherry Tomatoes.
The price you ask...Okay...it is expensive...BUT Organic Veggies and meat are expensive to begin with...but you get what you pay for. We got these two bins for $67.58 delivered to the door.I am excited to try all the other great products that they offer. I also think this will actually save us money in the end. I can better budget & plan meals this way...since I have VAST amounts of internet time at work to fuss with this and I enjoy the fussing. So...basically...so far...I am impressed and excited to continue.
Kris
1 comment:
I saw an ad for Green Bean Delivery and thought I'd try it. I am very glad that I did. I love having the food arrive at my house. It is so fresh that itt lasts longer than anything I'd get at the grocery store. And the organic variety is greater than the grocery store. I signed up in the winter when the produce is US but not necessarily local. I suspect it will be more cost effective spring-fall when it is all local produce.
Post a Comment