
While visiting my Grandpa Moomy's house in Erie this past week, I discovered a letter that I wrote to my grandparents dated October 7th, 1984...when I was just 9 years old. The letter reads:
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
How are you today?
I'm fine I hope you are.
Have you done anything importent lately?
I have wrote a story called "The Time Machine."
I'll send you a copy of it.
Hope I see you soon.
I will write again.
See you.
Love, Kristin
So here is the story:
THE TIME MACHINE
One day in the year 1984, Jill and Jane Smith were walking down the sidewal talking to each other. Jill said Wouldn't it be neat if we could go back in time. Jane answered Ya that would be neat wouldn't it. And then they saw their friend Mark. He was a real smarty pants. He was into inventing things he uses his tree house for a laboratory.
One day we could hear a loud yell from Mark's tree house we rushed to see what was the matter. When we got there we found him jumping up and down. Then he calmed down and said I invented a Time Machine. Jane said How does it work. Mark said see you push this button and then pull this lever set the date and step in. They started down the sidewalk. Then Jill said Hey! I've got a great idea Mark's Time Machine can take us back in time. Jane said that's a great idea lets go and ask so they went and asked. When they got there, Jill asked can we test your time machine out. He said yes so then he pushed the button and pulled the lever and set the date to 1492 when Columbus sailed to America and stepped in. They saw flashing lights and the next thing they knew they were on a ship in the middle of the ocean but one of the sailor saw us and so we hid behind a barrel of water accidentally Jill dropped her earring into the barrell of water and Jill said I dropped my earring into the barrel of water so Jane slipped up and fished for it luckily it didn't sink to the bottom of the barrel yet so she grabbed it and ducked before anyone saw her.
When no one was looking they ran over and hid behind a canon. And Jane told Jill next time we go back in time don't wear earrings. They looked for Christoper Columbus and they spotted him and Jane said to Jill there he is and they said to each other we saw Christopher Columbus. So they dressed up as sailors. They went over to him. He said you don't look like the rest of the sailors. Jill said to Jane now what. Jane said to Columbus we were sent here to help you on your voyage. Well get on with your work men he said. Well we got away with it but what did he mean by get back to your work. We are supposed t clean the decks. Then you hear a loud shout from above it says Land Ahoy! And you hear a loud cheer and everyone rushed to the deck but then you see flashing lights and then you see Mark he asked you why are you dressed so funny. We say who cares. We spoke to Christopher Columbus.
The End
How about that foreshadowing, run-on sentences, change from third person to first person to Screenplay...and of course the clever banter!!! I think I will send this to a publisher...I rule!
Kris
Dear Grandma and Grandpa,
How are you today?
I'm fine I hope you are.
Have you done anything importent lately?
I have wrote a story called "The Time Machine."
I'll send you a copy of it.
Hope I see you soon.
I will write again.
See you.
Love, Kristin
So here is the story:
THE TIME MACHINE
One day in the year 1984, Jill and Jane Smith were walking down the sidewal talking to each other. Jill said Wouldn't it be neat if we could go back in time. Jane answered Ya that would be neat wouldn't it. And then they saw their friend Mark. He was a real smarty pants. He was into inventing things he uses his tree house for a laboratory.
One day we could hear a loud yell from Mark's tree house we rushed to see what was the matter. When we got there we found him jumping up and down. Then he calmed down and said I invented a Time Machine. Jane said How does it work. Mark said see you push this button and then pull this lever set the date and step in. They started down the sidewalk. Then Jill said Hey! I've got a great idea Mark's Time Machine can take us back in time. Jane said that's a great idea lets go and ask so they went and asked. When they got there, Jill asked can we test your time machine out. He said yes so then he pushed the button and pulled the lever and set the date to 1492 when Columbus sailed to America and stepped in. They saw flashing lights and the next thing they knew they were on a ship in the middle of the ocean but one of the sailor saw us and so we hid behind a barrel of water accidentally Jill dropped her earring into the barrell of water and Jill said I dropped my earring into the barrel of water so Jane slipped up and fished for it luckily it didn't sink to the bottom of the barrel yet so she grabbed it and ducked before anyone saw her.
When no one was looking they ran over and hid behind a canon. And Jane told Jill next time we go back in time don't wear earrings. They looked for Christoper Columbus and they spotted him and Jane said to Jill there he is and they said to each other we saw Christopher Columbus. So they dressed up as sailors. They went over to him. He said you don't look like the rest of the sailors. Jill said to Jane now what. Jane said to Columbus we were sent here to help you on your voyage. Well get on with your work men he said. Well we got away with it but what did he mean by get back to your work. We are supposed t clean the decks. Then you hear a loud shout from above it says Land Ahoy! And you hear a loud cheer and everyone rushed to the deck but then you see flashing lights and then you see Mark he asked you why are you dressed so funny. We say who cares. We spoke to Christopher Columbus.
The End
How about that foreshadowing, run-on sentences, change from third person to first person to Screenplay...and of course the clever banter!!! I think I will send this to a publisher...I rule!
Kris
2 comments:
You should publish your Bull-Face comic books.
Mike...I wonder where those are...they would really show the inner workings of my disturbed mind...better keep them hidden.
Kris
Post a Comment