Friday, February 4, 2011

Financial Woes

January has been a tough financial month for the burgeoning Becknell family. Of course Christmas puts a dent in any budget, but then we immediately had several big ticket expenses pop up while we were still getting back on track.

Expense #1 - Equinox Tires
Mark had a leak in one of his tires from a bolt hole that we managed to fix with a patch for a while. But eventually the patch was leaking too. And the car is almost 5 years old, so we decided to bite the bullet and get 4 new tires. Approximately $695.

Expense #2 - Life Insurance down payments
We have decided that as grown ups, we needed to have life insurance. We got really good deals for both of us for good coverage, but we had to pay 3 months up front. So that was a big chunk of change in January.

Expense #3 - Medical Bills
I have had a few tests done in January and because our deductible just restarted at the new year, everything was out of pocket. So whammo - another $500 payment for medical expenses.

Expense #4 - St. Kitts Vacation
Meanwhile, we are trying to pay Beth & Andy back for the plane & car rental expenses for our super cool upcoming St. Kitts Vacation in June. AND trying to build up another $700 to pay the final installment on the villa rental due in May.

Expense #5 - TAXES
And I just did our taxes and found out for the first time ever that we OWE taxes. I think I am going to become a Republican...

All in all...money is going out faster than it is coming in. Need a new plan to get rich quick...any ideas???
Kris

1 comment:

Matt said...

No help on the finding money fast. Yowza. That list hurts to think about.

I just put $500+ into the furnace in Oakley (that winter up there is vicious and I'm not even there....) So I feel a little of your pain.

So if you find some type of scheme, let me know... I'll join in (as long as I'm not at the bottom of the pyramid...)