Thursday, February 17, 2011

Romantic Louisville 2011



Mark was headed to Louisville, KY for a few meetings with customers Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday this week. Since I have a lot of vacation time to kill already...I decided to tag along. Especially since it was Valentine's Day and who wants to be alone on Valentine's Day :)

So we found a great deal at the Galt House on Hotwire.com (& ebates) for $81 per night (normally $125+). Even though Mark's company was paying for the hotel, it is still fun to save money! The hotel was in dire need of a "De-70's" upgrade, but the rooms were nice and the location could not have been better.

We had great meals out at Bard's Town in the Highlands district on Monday and Bluegrass Brewing Company on Tuesday night. Very nice and romantic. And we finally got to Lynn's Paradise Cafe for breakfast - featured Biscuits & Scramble on the Food Network - YUM! We definitely ate well :)



On Tuesday, while Mark was out all day doing a great job, I wandered around downtown Louisville in the unseasonably warm February weather. I hit the Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory. It was a lot of fun...especially since I got grouped up with a tour of people from Minnesota...so I was the only Reds fan in the crowd of Twins fans. Really interesting and only $10 (which included a cute little mini-bat.) Ate lunch at a local pizza place and then went back to the hotel for a nice nap. I love vacation!!


Above is a photo of the Galt House gym from our room...with Mark working out. I think I took another nap or read my Nook...but I probably should have worked out too since we ate so much food this week. Oh well!

Glad to be home again in Cinci, but it was nice to get away for a little bit.

Kris

2 comments:

Matt said...

Nice! Louisville is a pretty cool place... but not as cool as the Louisville in Ohio which is pronounced Lewis-ville - oh yes - there is a difference..... Sounds like a good time!

Mike said...

Sounds fun, especially the Louisville Slugger factory. Makes me want to get out of town too!