Monday, August 3, 2009

CSA Week 12 and Meal Updates

Last CSA I commented on our meal of hamburgers and Green & Yellow Beans with Ham...Here is a photo...makes me hungry just looking at it! Those beans were so fresh!!
So here is the photo from Week 12 (of 22) - 8/2/2009:

We got: Heirloom Tomatoes & Cherry Tomatoes, Yellow & Zucchini Squash, Cucumber, 2 Green Peppers, 2 BIG Potatoes, Garlic, & Onion along with our bouquet of Flowers. We are getting so many things that we used to buy every week at the grocery store so now it seems more "useful" and a little less "exciting" but still AWESOME!
Here was the meal we made last night - SHISH KEBAB. Gotta love a meal that is both a main dish and a side dish in one :) I marinated the meat & veggies in an Asian marinade that I have used before on Skirt Steak. Turned out great! See for yourself!



Still 10 more weeks of awesome food to come!!
Kris

2 comments:

Bill said...

I have to learn not to go to your blog with an empty stomach. All that stuff looks delicious.

Kris Becknell said...

I had the kebabs for lunch today too!! Yum!

If you lived closer you could come over for dinner!!

Kris