Tuesday, May 4, 2010

CSA starting May 9th!!!


We got the word from Jerry & Elizabeth at Eaton Farm that our first CSA pick-up is this week. That is great news!! Our budget and our menus will benefit. We paid for this way back in December so it almost seems like we will be getting the food for free. And I have been DYING for some freshie greens and I remember that we got a ton of greens the first few weeks last year.

We are also getting 1/2 dozen eggs each week which is new from last year (when we got flowers, which were pretty but inedible.) So that will save us from driving to Red Sun Farm in Loveland to get our eggs.

I will post photos each week again and hopefully we will have many photogenic meals to share with everyone. So stay tuned!!!

Kris

1 comment:

Becky Schatz said...

I know what you mean about the greens! We got some yummy chard and kale from the farmers market and I've been adding it to everything! I'll have to take a picture the next time I make my quinoa stir fry!