Thursday, August 14, 2014

Greetings from Advocare Command Center - Day 4!!


Mark and I prepped a bunch of stuff and did our homework prior to starting.  Organization is KEY to this challenge as it is kind of complex.  We already messed up on the first day by entirely missing the OmegaPlex supplement with dinner.  It is in HUGE bold type and we both missed it.  We caught it on Day 2.  Oh well...


I also think that prepping food ahead of time is also KEY to making this (and any food plan) work.  It is when I have to scramble and panic that I end up eating badly.

So I made a few big batches of foods for Breakfasts during the first 10 days - Quinoa Veggie Egg Bites:

RECIPE for QTY (24) = 8 eggs, 1 cup of cooked Quinoa, sauteed veggies (spinach, red pepper, onion, garlic, and jalapenos), plus Salt & Pepper.  Pour & Bake in muffin tin for about 15 minutes or until set up.  

The first batch (which I had to throw out when our fridge died) was really difficult to get out of the tin, so this time I used cupcake liners.  Now just hard to get out of the cupcake liners!  We heat & eat two of these for breakfast each morning.  Super easy!

The first two days, I did not do the mid-morning Spark drink...and I crashed and burned.  By 2pm, I wanted to sleep on my desk (frowned on by management!).  On day 3, even with working out at 6am, with the Spark drink, I was peppy even after work.  Highly recommend going for that 2nd daily Spark...especially if you are giving up coffee...huge withdrawal for me!!!

I also made a big batch of Turkey Black Bean Quinoa Chili so that we had something quick to heat up for lunches.  We eat 1 cup of this each day for lunch. (Tastes better than it looks!)

All in all, it has been going very well!  I am already down 1.3lbs as of the morning of Day 4 and I have my Spark back :)  I get a few days off from the Fiber Drink (like drinking Tang with a little Oatmeal in it!  Not as bad as I expected...but...)

Keep on Keeping on!!


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Sounds like things are going great!! I agree with that second Spark...it keeps me going!